Friday, May 2, 2008

After Midnight, Imagine Layla chewing Cocaine. She'll Change the World.

After Midnight (JJ Cale; also covered by Eric Clapton)

After midnight, we're gonna chug-a-lug and shout,
We're gonna cause talk and suspicion
Give an exhibition
Find out what it's all about.
Imagine (John Lennon)
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can.
No need for greed and hunger
A brotherhood of man.
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world.
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one.
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one.
Layla (Eric Clapton)

I tried to give you consolation
When your old man had let you down.
Like a fool, I fell in love with you,
Turned my whole world upside down.

Cocaine (JJ Cale; also covered by Eric Clapton)

If you got bad news, you want to kick them blues
Cocaine.
When your day is done and you got to run
Cocaine.

Change the World (Eric Clapton)
If I could be king even for a day
I'd take you as my queen I'd have it no other way
And our love will rule in this kingdom we have made
Till then I'd be a fool wishin' for the day

No comments: